Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) Implementation of Free Dialysis Commences

komfo anokye teaching hospital implements free dialysis for youth and seniors

Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital Free Dialysis treatment in collaboration with the National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA) commences for today for kidney patients under 18 and over 60 years old.

So far, eight patients have benefited from this initiative, with the hospital management confirming that those who initially paid for the services will receive refunds.

Previously, only 20% of patients with end-stage renal disease could afford the twice-weekly dialysis sessions. The hospital management anticipates that with the NHIA’s intervention, the remaining 80% of patients will now have access to the necessary treatment.

Dr. Da-Costa Aboagye, Chief Executive Officer of the NHIA, visited the hospital to oversee the policy’s implementation and assured that the government is committed to its effective rollout. He emphasized that the NHIA will reimburse the cost of dialysis once hospitals submit their claims.

Dr. Da-Costa Aboagye, Chief Executive Officer of the NHIA Remarked.

We are just monitoring so today we are in the Ashanti Region, just to see how it’s being implemented. Like I said the last time the CEOs were part of this meeting, and we took a collective decision based on the resources that we had.

 

From the National Health Insurance Authority, we have the money available, we’ll reimburse them once the claims are submitted to us. He remarked.

Check These on Ghana Trends

Leave a Comment

About Us

ghanatrends.com logo

Ghana Trends is an online portal for the hottest entertainment & trending News in Ghana

Featured Stories

Newsletter

About Us

Ghana Trends is an online portal for the hottest entertainment & trending News in Ghana

Featured Stories

Newsletter